QSI Chisinau Counseling Plan
On Site Counseling:
* QSI will recruit and hire a full-time counselor for QSI Chisinau once our student enrollment exceeds 200 students.
* QSI Chisinau recognizes the importance of having an on-site counselor whenever possible no matter how many students are enrolled in a school. Therefore, as long as the school budget allows, QSI Chisinau will continue to seek out qualified American certified counselors who might be in Moldova as a trailing spouse or other reasons and are able to work/volunteer at the school in some capacity.
Pro-Active, integrated aspects to meet the social emotional needs of our students include:
Providing knowledge to teachers and students alike that protect them and work to decrease the possibility for a mental health crisis.
* Child Protection Act – implementation of Keeping Safe curriculum & staff training
* Success Orientations – addressing and exploring understanding of QSI core values
Creating a supportive, non-judgmental learning environment in which each child is valued.
* Professional Development that trains teachers to respect each child and teaches warning signs for heightened mental health needs and crisis situations as well as how to respond
Response Steps, in the event a child is identified to need mental health interventions, may include:
* Teachers will alert the Director and/or Counselor
* Director and/or Counselor will observe and meet with child as is deemed appropriate
* Parents will be alerted (unless alerting parents puts the child in danger as in the case of child abuse where the parent is the abuser)
* If the child is connected to an embassy, the Director and/or Counselor will contact the embassy for counseling resources, supports, and if necessary, security
* If necessary, the Director and/or Counselor will reach out to QSI regional counselor
* Local counseling resources include:
Centrul Comunitar De Sanatate Minatala Botanica +373 22 929788 +373 602 99 333
Asociatia De Psihanaliza Legaturilor De Grup si De Familie Din Moldova +373 681 23 410 https://aplgfm.business.site/
Consuela Regaseste Confortul Psihologic +373 795 77 465
* On –line counseling resources include: https://digitalnomad.support/#top https://www.onlinecounselling.com/
Procedure in case of death in the school community:
* QSI Headquarters will be notified
* If the school does not have a counselor one will be requested to come for support
* Each teacher will address the issue in their class as is appropriate for their age group and remind students of the supports available at the school.
* Counselor will come into classes that were directly affected or where it is deemed beneficial
* Child Protection Team will reach out to families in our community about the loss and notifying them of support resources
* It will be requested that an outside counselor check in with school counselor(s) to address any secondary trauma
US Embassy RSO – 022 40 8457
Legal Counsel -Gladei & Partners, Patricia Handraman +373 22240577
Insurance - GRAWE CARAT Asigurări S.A. +373 60333777 +373 78330777 +373 22225596
* The Director, or an assigned teacher, will use the QSI Graduation Requirements checklist to determine which classes each student needs to take each school year.
* The Director, or an assigned teacher, will meet with each Secondary student at least 1 time per school year to review credits earned and credits needed for graduation.
* Upon arrival to QSI Chisinau, the Director, or an assigned teacher, will review incoming transcripts and determine credits that will be accepted to count towards graduation. * The Director, or an assigned teacher, will review the College Board website, Preparing for College Check List through the NACAC website, and The Common Application website in August to determine what steps/activities should be taken with each student during the school year.
* During the Secondary I and Secondary II years, the Director, or an assigned teacher, will meet with the student in August and May to discuss steps that need to be taken during the school
year to prepare for university and/or careers. This information will be shared with parents through e-mails and a presentation at Open House.
* During the Secondary III and Secondary IV years, the Director, or an assigned teacher, will meet with the students at least 4 times per school year (August, October, January and May) to discuss steps that need to be taken during the school year to prepare for university and/or careers. This information will be shared with parents through e-mails and a presentation at Open House.