Child Safeguarding and Protection Commitment Statement
QSI International School of Brindisi believes that it is always unacceptable for a child or young person to experience abuse of any kind and recognizes its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all children and young people, by a commitment to practice which protects them.
We recognize that:
• The welfare of the child/young person is paramount.
• All children, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity, have the right to equal protection from all types of harm or abuse.
• Partnering with children, young people, their parents, and staff is essential in promoting young people’s welfare.
The purpose of the policy:
• To provide protection for the children who attend school or participate in activities at QSI Brindisi.
• To provide staff and volunteers with guidance on procedures they will adopt in the event that they suspect a child or young person may be experiencing, or be at risk of, harm.
This policy applies to all staff, paid or volunteers, students or anyone working on behalf of QSI Brindisi.
We will seek to safeguard children and young people by:
• Valuing them, listening to and respecting them.
• Adopting child protection guidelines through procedures and a code of conduct for staff and volunteers.
• Recruiting staff and volunteers safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made.
• Sharing information about child protection and good practice with children, parents, staff and volunteers.
• Sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately.
• Providing effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support and training.
We are also committed to reviewing our policy and good practice annually